11.195, FYI: Teacher Training/Asian Lang, Reviewer request

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 1 01:26:27 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-195. Mon Jan 31 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.195, FYI: Teacher Training/Asian Lang, Reviewer request

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:53:12 -0500
From:  "David G. Wittner" <wittner.1 at osu.edu>
Subject:  Summer Intensive Lang and Teacher Training: Chinese/Japanese

2)
Date:  Thu, 27 Jan 2000 18:49:32 +0100
From:  Vennemann at germanistik.uni-muenchen.de (Theo Vennemann)
Subject:  To reviewers of "From Neanderthal to Easter Island"

Date:  Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:53:12 -0500
From:  "David G. Wittner" <wittner.1 at osu.edu>

The Ohio State University,

	Summer Programs East Asian Concentration (SPEAC):

	Training Programs for Teachers of Chinese or Japanese

	and Intensive Chinese and Japanese Language Programs

The Ohio State University Department of East Asian Languages and
Literatures, in conjunction with the OSU National East Asian Language
Resource Center, is offering intensive summer language programs for
teachers and learners of Chinese and Japanese.

The Training Program for Teachers of Japanese and Training Program for
Teachers of Chinese are intensive seven-week (June 19-August 4)
programs which develop participants' Japanese or Chinese language
teaching skills through lectures, master classes, workshops, and
hands-on teaching.

The ten-week (June 19-August 25) intensive Japanese language (Levels
I, II, and IV) or Chinese language programs (Levels I and IV) allows
learners of Japanese or Chinese to complete one level of language
study during the summer quarter.

Application deadline for  priority consideration and fellowships is March
10, 2000.

For further information and applications, please contact Merrari McKinney
or David Wittner, SPEAC Program Coordinators, Foreign Language Center,
The Ohio State University, 224 Dieter Cunz Hall,
1841 Millikin Road, Columbus, OH 43210,

tel: 614-688-3426, fax: 614-292-2682, or e-mail: speac at osu.edu

Please visit us on the web:

http://deall.ohio-state.edu/SPEAC/