11.263, FYI: CogSci/Summer School, Lx Contest

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 8 01:49:51 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-263. Mon Feb 7 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.263, FYI: CogSci/Summer School, Lx Contest

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 7 Feb 2000 11:10:49 -0600 (CST)
From:  CogSci Summer School <school at cogs.nbu.acad.bg>
Subject:  CogSci 2000 Summer School

2)
Date:  Mon, 07 Feb 2000 12:36:31 +0200
From:  Ivan A Derzhanski <iad at math.bas.bg>
Subject:  Lx Contest

Date:  Mon, 7 Feb 2000 11:10:49 -0600 (CST)
From:  CogSci Summer School <school at cogs.nbu.acad.bg>

                      7th International Summer School
                                    in
                             Cognitive Science

             Sofia, New Bulgarian University, July 10 - 30, 2000

 Courses:

Distributed representations and gradual learning processes in cognition -
Jay McClelland (Carnegie Mellon University, USA)
Connectionist models of language processing - Jeff Elman (University of
California, San Diego, USA)
Brain Organization of Human Memory and Thought - John Gabrieli (Stanford
University)
Cognitive Development - Graeme Halford (University of Queensland)
The Human Conceptual System - Lawrence W. Barsalou (Emory University)
Topics in Vision Science - Stephen E. Palmer (University of California,
Berkeley)
Cognitive Science: A Basic Science for an Applied Science of Learning -
John T. Bruer (James S. McDonnell Foundation)
Psychological Scaling - Encho Gerganov (New Bulgarian University)
Research Methods in Psycholinguistics - Elena Andonova (New Bulgarian
University)
Research Methods in Memory and Thinking - Boicho Kokinov (New Bulgarian
University)

Organised by

New Bulgarian University, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, and Bulgarian
Society for Cognitive Science

Sponsored by the Open Society Institute in Budapest - HESP Program

                                           International Advisory Board

Participation

Participants will be selected by a Selection Committee on the bases of
their submitted documents:

 application form (see at the Web page),
 CV,
 statement of purpose,
 copy of diploma; if student - academic transcript
 letter of recommendation,
 list of publications (if any) and short summary of up to three of them.

Apply as soon as possible since the number of participants is restricted.

Send applications to:
Summer School in Cognitive Science
Central and East European Center for Cognitive Science
New Bulgarian University
21 Montevideo Str.
Sofia 1635, Bulgaria
e-mail: school at cogs.nbu.acad.bg