11.272, FYI: NEH Fellowships, Intensional logic

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 8 23:08:50 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-272. Tue Feb 8 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.272, FYI: NEH Fellowships, Intensional logic

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Jody Huellmantel <jody at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:27:35 -0500
From:  "Aikin, Jane" <JAikin at neh.gov>
Subject:  NEH Fellowships

2)
Date:  Tue, 08 Feb 2000 21:35:46 +0900
From:  fwga7313 <fwga7313 at mb.infoweb.ne.jp>
Subject:  Intensional logic

Date:  Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:27:35 -0500
From:  "Aikin, Jane" <JAikin at neh.gov>

NEH Fellowships, 2001-2002

Deadline:  May 1, 2000

The National Endowment for the Humanities announces the competition
for Fellowships for 2001-2002.  These Fellowships provide
opportunities for individuals to pursue advanced work in the
humanities.  Applicants may be faculty or staff members of colleges or
universities or of primary or secondary schools.  Scholars and writers
working independently, in institutions such as museums, libraries, and
historical associations, or in institutions with no connection to the
humanities also are eligible to apply.

NEH Fellowships support a variety of activities.  Projects may
contribute to scholarly knowledge, to the advancement of teaching, or
to the general public understanding of the humanities.  Award
recipients might eventually produce scholarly articles, a book-length
treatment of a broad topic, an archaeological site report, a
translation, an edition, a database, or some other scholarly tool.

CITIZENSHIP: Applicants should be U.S.citizens, native residents of
U.S.  jurisdictions, or foreign nationals who have been legal
residents in the U.S. or its jurisdictions for at least three years
immediately preceding the application deadline.

ELIGIBILITY: The NEH Fellowships program has two categories:
University Teachers and College Teachers/Independent Scholars.
Applicants select a category depending on the institution where they
are employed or on their status as Independent Scholars.  Applicants
whose positions change near the application deadline should select the
category that corresponds to their employment status during the
academic year before the deadline.  Applicants whose professional
training includes a degree program must have received the degree or
completed all requirements for it by the application deadline.
Persons seeking support for work leading to a degree are not eligible
to apply, nor are active candidates for degrees.  Further information
is available in the printed guidelines and on the Endowment's web
site: http://www.neh.gov

TENURE AND STIPENDS: Tenure must cover an uninterrupted period of from
six to twelve months.  The earliest beginning date is January 1, 2001,
and the latest is the start of the spring term of the 2001-2002
academic term, or April 1, 2002 for those who are not teachers.
Tenure periods for teachers must include at least one complete term of
the academic year.  A stipend of $30,000 will be awarded to those
holding fellowships for a grant period of nine months to twelve
months.  A stipend of $24,000 will be awarded to those holding
fellowships for a grant period of six months to eight months.

SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: All applications must be postmarked on or
before May 1, 2000.  Please note that the Endowment does not accept
applications submitted by fax or e-mail.  Applicants will be notified of
the decisions on their applications by mid-December 2000.

NEW THIS YEAR:  The 2001-2002 guidelines include two important Fellowships
program changes:
1. Awardees are free to hold other major fellowships or grants
concurrently with the NEH Fellowship.
2. Recent fellowship holders will receive the same consideration as other
applicants during the evaluation process.

APPLICATION MATERIALS AND INFORMATION:

Web:  http://www.neh.gov

Mail inquiries:		Fellowships
			Division of Research Programs