11.309, Jobs: Comp Ling:Training Manager,Comp Ling:Various

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 15 05:38:44 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-309. Tue Feb 15 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.309, Jobs: Comp Ling:Training Manager,Comp Ling:Various

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:44:18 -0800
From:  "Lora Mekikian" <lmekikian at answerfriend.com>
Subject:  Comp Ling:Training Manager at AnswerFriend.com,Los Angeles or Boston,USA

2)
Date:  Sun, 13 Feb 2000 18:54:57 -0800
From:  "Thrownet Jobs" <jobs at thrownet.com>
Subject:  Comp Ling:Various positions at Thrownet in San Francisco,USA

Date:  Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:44:18 -0800
From:  "Lora Mekikian" <lmekikian at answerfriend.com>

Position:
        Training Manager
Date:
Immediately

We offer:
        Very Competitive Salary
        Fantastic Company Stock Options
        Great Start-up atmosphere

Reporting:
        VP of Client Services

Location:
        Los Angeles or Boston

Responsibilities:
As a Training Manager, you will be responsible for developing and delivering
product and implementation methodology training to AnswerFriend.com
employees, clients, and partners.

Requirements:
·       3+ years of training in technical environment
·       Undergraduate degree in either Computer Science, Linguistics, or
related field
·       Ability to develop and deliver curriculum to audiences at different
proficiency 	  levels
·       Strong client relationship and business development skills
·       Knowledge of regular expressions, Java, C++, SQL, English grammar
·       Willing to travel

Company Description:
AnswerFriend.com is a dynamic fast-paced start-up organization that will
revolutionize the way everyone will interact with the 'Net.  Developed by
two PHD grads at MIT, backed by the best technical and management talent in
the business, we are looking for smart, energetic, team players that are
looking to build the next generation of questions answering products and
tools. This is the opportunity of a lifetime!

Contact Information:
        Contact Name:    Lora Mekikian
        E-mail address: lmekikian at answerfriend.com
        Phone #:        (213) 225-5400