11.366, Disc: Species Extinction vs Language Extinction

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Feb 20 18:11:04 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-366. Sun Feb 20 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.366, Disc: Species Extinction vs Language Extinction

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:08:43 -0800
From:  "Hank Mooney" <HMooney at mfi.com>
Subject:  There are no languages

2)
Date:  Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:47:10 -0400
From:  Ronald Cosper <Ronald.Cosper at STMARYS.CA>

3)
Date:  Sun, 20 Feb 2000 08:01:02 EST
From:  Nitti45 at aol.com

Date:  Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:08:43 -0800
From:  "Hank Mooney" <HMooney at mfi.com>

Juan Uriagereka makes this point, obliquely, in his wonderful book
"Rhyme and Reason" when he has "The Linguist" (a thinly veiled Chomsky)
remark that the English Language doesn't actually exist...