11.384, Disc: Newmeyer: Language Form & Language Function

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 23 17:46:03 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-384. Wed Feb 23 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.384, Disc: Newmeyer: Language Form & Language Function

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:28:14 -0500
From:  tner at hamptons.com (Jonathan Centner)
Subject:   Newmeyer: Language Form & Language Function

2)
Date:  Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:53:59 -0600
From:  "Alex V. Kravchenko" <kravchenko at panam.edu>
Subject:  Re: 11.109

Date:  Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:28:14 -0500
From:  tner at hamptons.com (Jonathan Centner)

The Horn example looked less like multiple embedding ( as discussed in
Pinker)  and somewhat like overlap deletion.  I am sorry I did  not catch
all the posts on this subject,  I hope my casual mention on this is
germaine to what everyone is talking about.

I have been a longtime fan of Ray Jackendoff's work and it seems this
discussion could shed some interesting insights,  because his model seems
to be where this is all heading at.

Jonathan Centner
Southampton,   New York