11.432, Jobs: Freelance Linguists at INT'L. com

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 29 17:59:22 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-432. Tue Feb 29 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.432, Jobs: Freelance Linguists at INT'L. com

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Naomi Ogasawara <naomi at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:06:29 -0800
From:  Andrea Bloom <abloom at dlc.com>
Subject:  Freelance Linguists at INT'L. com

Date:  Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:06:29 -0800
From:  Andrea Bloom <abloom at dlc.com>

Please do not forward this to mailing lists or other sites.

We are seeking professional linguists on a freelance basis who are native
speakers of the following languages:

KOREAN, RUSSIAN, ARABIC, HEBREW, PORTUGUESE (European),
SCANDANAVIAN LANGUAGES, CHINESE (Singapore and Taiwan), CANTONESE.

This is for projects for brand names, taglines, and other marketing
material a large translation company. We prefer evaluators who are
located in their native countries, but if you're not, please contact
us anyway. The projects entail completing a questionnaire about
proposed names etc, using your expertise about your native language
and culture. It is helpful if you like to think creatively and are
interested in all aspects of language. We pay on a per job/hourly
basis.

If you are interested, please email me your resume, and contact me with
any questions: abloom at dlc.com.

We will require a sample questionnaire to be filled out, so
that we can assess the quality of your work.

If you would like more information about our company, please go to our
website: http://www.intl.com

Andrea Bloom
Project Manager, Global Direct Media
INT'L.com