11.24, FYI: ELSNET School,Etruscan Webpage,Latin Institute

LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 12 15:04:29 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-24. Tue Jan 11 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.24, FYI: ELSNET School,Etruscan Webpage,Latin Institute

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 24 Dec 1999 12:10:53 +0100
From:  Mariken Broekhoven <elsnet at let.uu.nl>
Subject:  ELSNET Summer School

2)
Date:  Sun, 26 Dec 1999 11:50:34 -0500 (EST)
From:  "Arysio Nunes dos Santos" <arysio at horizontes.net>
Subject:  Etruscan Webpage

3)
Date:  Thu, 6 Jan 2000 14:36:29 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
From:  Kate Stoddard <ks7u at cms.mail.virginia.edu>
Subject:  Summer Latin Institute at UVa

Date:  Fri, 24 Dec 1999 12:10:53 +0100
From:  Mariken Broekhoven <elsnet at let.uu.nl>

*******************First Announcement***************************

8th European Summer School on Language and Speech Communication

     "Text and Speech Triggered Information Access (TeSTIA)"

             Chios Island, Greece, 15-30 July 2000

The 2000 ELSNET Summer School will be organized by the Institute
for Language and Speech Processing (ILSP) in Athens, Greece.
The event will be sponsored by ELSNET, IHP and ILSP, and receive
further support from ISCA and EACL.

Years of speech and billions of characters are stored in various
media including the Internet. How can we ever find useful
information in such vast archives? Automatic procedures that can
recognize speech accurately and linguistic tools that automatically
take out essential information components may do the job. The 2000
Summer School will present the current state of the art. For details
of the programme, which will consist of plenary sessions, parallel
courses and workshops, please check the summer school homepage:

  http://www.ilsp.gr/testia/testia2000.html

Mariken Broekhoven
ELSNET Assistant Coordinator

European Network in Language and Speech
email:   elsnet at let.uu.nl
mail :   Utrecht Institute of Linguistics OTS,
         Trans 10, 3512 JK, Utrecht, The Netherlands
tel  :   +31 30 253 6039
fax  :   +31 30 253 6000
www  :   http://www.elsnet.org