11.164, Support: French Linguistics

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 26 02:59:11 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-164. Tue Jan 25 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.164, Support: French Linguistics

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:26:48 -0700
From:  Helene Ossipov <helene.ossipov at asu.edu>
Subject:  French Ling:MA Teaching Assistantship at Arizona State University, USA

Date:  Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:26:48 -0700
From:  Helene Ossipov <helene.ossipov at asu.edu>

I am writing to ask your help in recruiting an outstanding student for
our Master of Arts program in French.  Recently, the French section of
the Department of Languages and Literatures has received two University
Graduate Scholar awards.  Students who are recruited for that award
receive a two-year Teaching Assistant contract valued at $11,400, a
tuition remission worth $1320, and an additional $2,500 for a total of
$15,220 in aid per year.  If you have an outstanding student  who may be
interested in attending a different school, who wants to continue
learning about French but is not sure about continuing for a Ph.D.,
please encourage that student to apply for the UGS.

The French section offers a wide variety of classes, including classes
in francophone studies, translation, and linguistics.  We have close
ties with the Department of Humanities, the Interdisciplinary Committee
on Linguistics, and the Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance
Studies.  In addition, we offer exchange programs for our M.A. students
with the Université Catholique in Lille, France, and with Université
Laval in Quebec City, Quebec.

Information about our program can be found on our Web Site:
http://www.asu.edu/clas/dll/fre/frhomep.htm
Application forms for the Graduate College and for Teaching
Assistantships may be found at
http://www.asu.edu/graduate/fr_applications.html and
http://www.asu.edu/graduate/forms/wordforms/RATAap.doc respectively.
Please ask students to specify that they are applying for a UGS.  Please
send applications by February 21, 2000 to the Graduate Director, Dr.
Helene Ossipov at helene.ossipov at asu.edu.

Thank you very much for your help in identifying and supporting
outstanding students.
-
Dr. Helene Ossipov                 Phone: (480) 965-7670
Associate Professor of French      Fax: (480) 965-0135
Dept. of Languages and Literatures e-mail: helene.ossipov at asu.edu
Arizona State University           http://www.public.asu.edu/~athxo
Tempe, AZ 85287-0202