11.467, Jobs: General Linguist Baldwin Staffing Group, Canada

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 5 05:47:08 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-467. Sun Mar 5 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.467, Jobs: General Linguist Baldwin Staffing Group, Canada

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Naomi Ogasawara <naomi at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  2 Mar 2000 23:26:37 -0000
From:  Brian <briand at baldwinstaffing.com>
Subject:  General Linguistics: 01 at Baldwin Staffing Group, Alberta Canada

Date:  2 Mar 2000 23:26:37 -0000
From:  Brian <briand at baldwinstaffing.com>

Rank of Job: 01
Areas Required: Linguistics
Other Desired Areas: IT
University or Organization: Baldwin Staffing Group
Department: IT
State or Province: Alberta
Country: Canada
Final Date of Application: preferred before March 10, 2000
Contact: Brian briand at baldwinstaffing.com

Address for Applications:
550 17th Ave. S.W.
Calgary
Alberta T2S0B1
Canada

(Thank you to candidates who applied to the "Chinese Computational Linguist"
 posting.  The position has been filled locally.)

My client, an international software development company based in Calgary,
Canada, requires a linguist.  The candidate may specialize in any of the
following fields:
morphology, syntax, semantics, lexicology, or lexicography,
and should possess a MA or be a PhD candidate.
Candidates residing locally (in Alberta or Western Canada) will be given
priority.

The work will include:  a) creation of lexical databases in various languages
                           (managing teams of native speakers and developing
			    database formats);
                        b) work in applied morphology and semantics in order
			   to develop and enhance lexical databases;
                        c)research in colloquial messaging.

This is a junior-intermediate position and salary will be dependent on
experience.  Please reply by email to
briand at baldwinstaffing.com
or fax to 403 228 5533 as soon as possible, preferably before March 10, 2000.  The position is available immediately.    Thank you.