11.474, Qs: French Etymology,Spelling of hip-hop names

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 6 05:40:12 UTC 2000

LINGUIST List:  Vol-11-474. Mon Mar 6 2000. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 11.474, Qs: French Etymology,Spelling of hip-hop names

		    Scott Fults <scott at linguistlist.org>

                      Sudheendra Adiga <sudhi at linguistlist.org>
                      Qian Liao <qian at linguistlist.org>

Home Page:  http://linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 5 Mar 2000 19:18:47 -0500 (EST)
From:  M Carver-Akers <kateric at email.unc.edu>
Subject:  Etymology of "une nuit blanche."

2)
Date:  Mon, 06 Mar 2000 10:30:14 -0800
From:  jimlong at worldpassage.net (James B. Long)
Subject:  Spelling of hip-hop names

Date:  Sun, 5 Mar 2000 19:18:47 -0500 (EST)
From:  M Carver-Akers <kateric at email.unc.edu>

I am looking to find someone who knows the derivation or etymology of the
contemporary French expression "une nuit blanche."  I am especially
interested to know how far back in time we can trace this expression.
Merci