12.933, Jobs: TEFL, Southern Illinois U, Niigata, Japan

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Apr 4 13:12:53 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-933. Wed Apr 4 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.933, Jobs: TEFL, Southern Illinois U, Niigata, Japan

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

standards of various countries.

Date:  4 Apr 2001 06:53:43 -0000
From:  Cyndi Peterson <cyndi_peterson at hotmail.com>
Subject:  Teaching English as a For. Lang.: Instructor at Southern Illinois University, Niigata Japan

Date:  4 Apr 2001 06:53:43 -0000
From:  Cyndi Peterson <cyndi_peterson at hotmail.com>

Rank of Job: Instructor
Areas Required: Teaching English as a For. Lang.
Other Desired Areas: Student events, recruitment activities, some
committee work, general teamwork
University or Organization: Southern Illinois University
Department: Intensive English Program
State or Province: Niigata
Country: Japan
Final Date of Application: 4/10/01
Contact: Cyndi Peterson cyndi_peterson at hotmail.com

Address for Applications:
SIU, 439-1 Oaza Nagahashikami
Nakajo
Niigata 959-2637
Japan

Enjoy teaching English in beautiful northern Japan!

Come teach English in the Intensive English Program of Southern Illinois
University's branch campus in Nakajo, Japan.  Teach adult learners of
English (generally 18 to 20 years of age) who plan to attend university
in the US.  The focus in on academic English and college prep./study
skills.

Teach 4 classes per day, 5 days per week.  Hold 1 office hour per day.
Other time can be spent on grading. prep., and extra-cur. activities.

Requirements:  Native speaker of English, North American English is
preferred, as most of our students will attend university in Illinois,
ES/FL teaching experience, excellent communication skills, cooperative
attitude, ability to do team work well, willingness to help with
extra-cur. activities and events.  The ability to speak Japanese is not
required.

Benefits:
Comfortable, free housing very near campus; free phone line; 10 days
vacation annually and many holidays each year; picturesque work
environment; health ins.

Salary:
290,000 to 300,000 yen per month, depending on education and
experience.

Application:
To apply, please fax a CV and a cover letter to 0254-43-6206 (from US,
dial 81-254-43-6206) prior to 4/10/01.  We are interviewing candidates
beginning on 4/2/01.

Thanks for your interest in SIU!