12.973, Disc: The Role of Lecturer in Universities

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Apr 7 13:50:35 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-973. Sat Apr 7 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.973, Disc: The Role of Lecturer in Universities

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Date:  Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:23:03 -0700
From:  "forouzani" <forouzani at abdnet.com>
Subject:  The Role of Lecture

Date:  Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:23:03 -0700
From:  "forouzani" <forouzani at abdnet.com>

          When I read Lotfi's e-mail in linguistlist (12.932)
(Lotfi at www.dci.co.ir), I came up with this question: Is this predicament
or hot potato the cause of improvement to our academic life?  I do not
really think it gives a lift to our morale to improve our knowledge.
Certainly the volatile situation takes away from us the opportunity to
spawn any progress.  As a member of faculty of the same university (Azad
university), not only am I teaching in the university I am employed, but
I also have to work in other universities as "haghottadris" --the person
who is not a tenured faculty--.  So I do not think the time really
sufice me to improve my status either as a teacher or as a lecturer let
alone having opportunity for any research.

                                 Yours Truly

                           Mohammed forouzani

           Member of faculty of Azad university