12.1045, Qs: Peking Mandarin Survey,Wh-questions/Eng Dialect

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 13 12:28:16 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1045. Fri Apr 13 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1045, Qs: Peking Mandarin Survey,Wh-questions/Eng Dialect

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
		Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU

Date:  Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:02:59 +0200
From:  "Chirkova, K." <K.Chirkova at let.leidenuniv.nl>
Subject:  Peking Mandarin/questionnaire

2)
Date:  Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:08:41 -0400
From:  Jennifer H Mittelstaedt <jhmittel at juno.com>
Subject:  Wh-questions in New Orleans English

Date:  Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:02:59 +0200
From:  "Chirkova, K." <K.Chirkova at let.leidenuniv.nl>

Dear colleagues,

I am a Ph.D. student working on temporality in Peking Mandarin. For this
project I use a corpus of spoken language data that I collected in Peking in
the spring of 2000. At the moment I have several questions concerning the
use of the subordinative particle de0, the perfective particle le0/la0 and
the verb lai2/lai0 in the corpus. The questions as well as the excerpts from
my recordings with the relevant sentences are to be found at the following
address:

http://www.let.leidenuniv.nl/wiedenhof/timemand/

The questions are mainly meant for native speakers of Peking Mandarin, but
comments and suggestions from non-native speakers interested in Mandarin are
also most welcome.

Katia Chirkova

Katia Chirkova
Leiden University