12.1963, Qs: Nahuatl Interpreter Needed, Cog Ling & Internet

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Aug 3 15:25:56 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1963. Fri Aug 3 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1963, Qs: Nahuatl Interpreter Needed, Cog Ling & Internet

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Date:  Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:00:17 -0500
From:  Daniel Suslak <d-suslak at uchicago.edu>
Subject:  urgent request for a Nahuatl interpreter

2)
Date:  Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:09:30 +0200
From:  "Margarita Correa Beningfield" <mcorrea at wanadoo.es>
Subject:  Cognitive linguistics and the internet

Date:  Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:00:17 -0500
From:  Daniel Suslak <d-suslak at uchicago.edu>

Hi folks,

I just received this urgent request from an acquaintance (see email excerpt
below).

Are there any competent Nahuatl speakers (I'm told that the defendant hails
from Puebla) or friends of Nahuatl speakers out there who might be able to
lend a hand? Please send your responses to me and/or Lois Feuerle at:

      Lois.M.FEUERLE at ojd.state.or.us

Apparently the state of Oregon is on the lookout for speakers of various
Mesoamerican languages (e.g. Tarasco, Zapoteco, Mixteco, Mam) to do
translation work, so please contact Lois if you are interested in helping out.

Thank you for your assistance.

Daniel Suslak

Dept of Anthropology
University of Chicago