12.2031, Jobs: Computational Ling tenure-track, UCLA USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 13 14:32:21 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-2031. Mon Aug 13 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.2031, Jobs: Computational Ling tenure-track, UCLA USA

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Editor for this issue: Heather Taylor-Loring <heather at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:05:55 -0700
From:  "Manalastas, Patrick" <pmanalas at humnet.ucla.edu>
Subject:  Computational Linguistics tenure track position at UCLA

Date:  Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:05:55 -0700
From:  "Manalastas, Patrick" <pmanalas at humnet.ucla.edu>

Computational Linguistics position at UCLA

Subject to the availability of funding the Department of Linguistics
at the University of California Los Angeles seeks to fill a tenure
track position in computational linguistics, the appointment to begin
in Fall, 2002.  Although we expect to hire at the Assistant Professor
level, more senior candidates will also be considered.

The PhD (at time of assumption of duties) is required.  In addition to
a specialization in computational linguistics the candidate should
have research and teaching interests in some other area of
linguistics, as not all courses the candidate will teach will be
computational in nature.

Applications should include a CV, a statement of research interests,
samples of recent work, and three letters of reference. The deadline
for receipt of application materials is December 1, 2001.  We expect
to interview candidates at the LSA meetings Jan. 3-6, 2002 in San
Francisco.

Applications should be sent to:

  		Edward P. Stabler
  		Chair, Computational Search Committee,
  		Dept of Linguistics, UCLA
  		Box 951543
  		Los Angeles, CA 90095-1543

We only accept applications electronically in pdf or plain text format.

Information about the Department of Linguistics at UCLA may be found
at http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu.

UCLA is an Equal Opportunity employer.