12.2090, Jobs: Knowledge/Info Architect, Kanisa Inc CA USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Aug 23 16:45:17 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-2090. Thu Aug 23 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.2090, Jobs: Knowledge/Info Architect, Kanisa Inc CA USA

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Editor for this issue: Heather Taylor-Loring <heather at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  21 Aug 2001 20:32:27 -0000
From:  Jason Stoughton <jason.stoughton at kanisa.com>
Subject:  Knowledge Architect/Info Architect: Kanisa Inc, Silicon Valley USA

Date:  21 Aug 2001 20:32:27 -0000
From:  Jason Stoughton <jason.stoughton at kanisa.com>

Rank of Job:
Areas Required: Knowledge Architect/Information Architect
Other Desired Areas: Linguists, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
University or Organization: Kanisa Inc.
Department:
State or Province: Silicon Valley
Country: USA
Final Date of Application: Open
Contact: Jason Stoughton jason.stoughton at kanisa.com

Address for Applications:
1387 Francisco St.
San Francisco
CA 94123
USA

Kanisa is a fast growing, 4 year old, privately held, Silicon Valley
based software company. Our products allow Fortune 1000 companies to
achieve what they have only dreamed of in the past - providing highly
interactive, personalized service to their customers, over their web
sites, in a manner consistent with their most highly trained people!
Our product:
* Understands the issues from the customers own words
* Asks the few right questions needed to zero in on the answer
* Chooses the best way to escalate when necessary
What's more, Kanisa's system learns what to ask and where to find the
answers, so it is incredibly fast to implement.

Our solution provides the most effective and scalable web-based
self-service on the market!

We are a high energy company filled with creative, smart, hard working
people that enjoy what they do, and are looking to deliver a product
that will become extremely well known. We are well funded AND have
revenues! Our customers include Cisco, Apple, MySAP, Compaq, Adobe,
Microsoft, and others.

Kanisa pays a competitive salary, benefits, and stock options.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

* Responsible for creating the knowledge architecture for customer
implementations of Kanisa's concept-based dialog, personalization, and
retrieval engine.
* responsible for creating multi-faceted conceptual models (knowledge
maps) of collections of content
* Work with customer Subject Matter experts to understand the facets of
the content space and their interrelationships
* Work with kanisa user experience experts to design and develop the
knowledge that drives user interactions, resulting in powerful,
personalized dialogs for users seeking content.

QUALIFICATIONS:

* Previous experience in architecting large custom applications;
particularly knowledge based systems, web based systems, and/or
information retrieval related applications.
* Experience implementing highly interactive systems
* Experience in projects using content management, text classification,
rule based systems, and.or information retrieval techniques
* Experience with knowledge structures such as taxonomies, ontologies,
information flow diagrams a plus
* Comfortable with basic script level programming
* Proven track record of working well with customers
* Willing to travel occasionally to client locations
* Degree in Linguistics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or
Information Sciences
* 3+ years of experience

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Please send resume as a WORD attachment to: jason.stoughton at kanisa.co