12.276, Jobs: English & French: Translator at Delphes, Canada

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 2 01:49:00 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-276. Thu Feb 1 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.276, Jobs: English & French: Translator at Delphes, Canada

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Editor for this issue: Michael Appleby <michael at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  31 Jan 2001 18:19:50 -0000
From:  Pascale de Brondeau <job at delphesintl.com>
Subject:  English & French: Translator at Delphes Tech Int'l, Quebec, Canada

Date:  31 Jan 2001 18:19:50 -0000
From:  Pascale de Brondeau <job at delphesintl.com>

Rank of Job: n/a
Areas Required:
Other Desired Areas: n/a
University or Organization: Delphes Technologies International
Department: Human Resources
State or Province: Quebec
Country: Canada
Final Date of Application: May 31, 2001
Contact: Pascale de Brondeau job at delphesintl.com

Address for Applications:
408 McGill Street
Montreal
Quebec H2Y 2G1
Canada

Translator - linguist

Delphes Technologies International develops and markets highly
advanced linguistic-based information retrieval and extraction systems
powering business-critical applications for large business Web sites,
e-commerce portals, market exchange portals for B2B activities and
corporate intranets. Delphes Technologies seeks creative and
innovative people who are fascinated by a linguistic and technological
development model that commands considerable innovation edge in order
to provide PC and server-centric applications that raise the strategic
value of digital information for businesses and individuals.

As a translator, your responsibilities will be to:

- Make and revise translations in collaboration with the marketing and
technical writing departments;
- Participate in the updating of multilingual electronic dictionaries
for the development of a multilingual information search system;
- Participate in the development of morphological concepts.

Requirements:

- Perfectly bilingual English (American) / French (English as
mother tongue);
- Minimum: Bachelor in translation techniques;
- Experience with processing of great sets of data.

At Delphes Technologies, positive attitude, team spirit and total
dedication are more important than any specific skills, because they
are essential for our people to grow in coherence with Delphes
Technologies' corporate goals and achievements.

To learn more about our vision, we invite you to visit our Web site at
http://www.delphesintl.com. We thank you for your interest; only the
candidates chosen will be contacted. Kindly email your résumé in Word
format at job at delphesintl.com.