12.292, Jobs: Eng Hist Ling: Lecturer, Edinburgh U, Scotland

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Feb 4 02:17:34 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-292. Sat Feb 3 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.292, Jobs: Eng Hist Ling: Lecturer, Edinburgh U, Scotland

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Editor for this issue: Michael Appleby <michael at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  2 Feb 2001 10:03:17 -0000
From:  Professor Charles Jones <Charles.Jones at ed.ac.uk>
Subject:  History of Eng Lang: Lecturer at U of Edinburgh, Scotland

Date:  2 Feb 2001 10:03:17 -0000
From:  Professor Charles Jones <Charles.Jones at ed.ac.uk>

Rank of Job: Lecturer
Areas Required: History of English Language (especially early [OE] and
late [post 1500] periods)
Other Desired Areas: Sociolinguistics of English; Scots
University or Organization: University of Edinburgh
Department: Department of English Language
State or Province: Scotland
Country: United Kingdom
Final Date of Application: 2 March 2001
Contact: Professor Charles Jones Charles.Jones at ed.ac.uk

Address for Applications:
Personnel Department,
The University of Edinburgh,
9-16 Chambers Street,
Edinburgh
Scotland EH1 1HT
UK

TEMPORARY LECTURESHIPS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE (2 POSTS)

Post 1 is a two-year appointment for 2001-2003, Post 2 is a one-year
appointment for the 2001-2002 session only.  Both posts will involve
teaching across a wide range of English Language subjects, primarily
at undergraduate level.  Candidates with teaching experience and
research achievement in one or more of the following areas are
especially encouraged to apply:

(1) History of the English Language (especially the early [OE] and
late [post 1500] periods),
(2) Sociolinguistics of English,
(3) Scots.

Post 1. Salary Range: £18,731 - £20,465 p.a.
Post 2. Salary: £18,731 p.a.

Please quote ref:
Post 1  316101
Post 2  316102

For further particulars and an application pack visit our web-site
(http://www.ed.ac.uk) or telephone the recruitment line on 0044(0)131
650 2511.

Closing date: 2 March 2001