12.317, FYI: LOT-NWCL Summer School, Software - SignStream

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 6 22:48:06 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-317. Tue Feb 6 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.317, FYI: LOT-NWCL Summer School, Software - SignStream

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Editor for this issue: Lydia Grebenyova <lydia at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 02 Feb 2001 16:29:32 +0100
From:  LOT <lot at let.uu.nl>
Subject:  LOT-NWCL Summer School in Linguistics, The Netherlands

2)
Date:  Sun, 4 Feb 2001 14:59:30 -0500 (EST)
From:  Carol Neidle <carol at louis-xiv.bu.edu>
Subject:  SignStream - New Release of Software and ASL Data Sets

Date:  Fri, 02 Feb 2001 16:29:32 +0100
From:  LOT <lot at let.uu.nl>

>>From 9-20 July 2001 the Netherlands Graduate School of Linguistics (LOT)
in cooperation with the North West Centre for Linguistics (NWCL) at the
Universities of  Bangor, Lancaster, Liverpool, Manchester, Salford and
UMIST & Edge Hill College, is organizing a

		LINGUISTICS SUMMER SCHOOL
		in UTRECHT, The Netherlands

The Summer School will offer 24 one week courses, 12 per week.

TOPICS:
Bilingualism, Computational Linguistics, Corpus Linguistics,
First & Second Language Acquisition, Language Change, Lexicon-
Syntax interface, Morphology, Neurolinguistics, Phonetics, Phonology,
Pragmatics, Psycholinguistics, Semantics, Sociolinguistics, Statistics/
Methodology, Syntax, Syntax-Semantics Interface, Typology

TEACHERS:
Sergey Avrutin (Utrecht University)
Harald Baayen (University of Nijmegen & MPI)
Paul Bennett (UMIST)
Huub van den Bergh (Utrecht University)
Diane Blakemore (University of Salford)
Peter Cole (University of Delaware)
Nigel Duffield (McGill & MPI)
Samuel Epstein (University of Michigan)
Janet Fodor (CUNY)
Anastasia Giannakidou (University of Groningen)
Kenneth Hale (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
Charlotte Hoffmann (University of Salford)
Francis Katamba (Lancaster University)
David Lightfoot (University of Maryland/Reading)
Ayumi Matsuo (MPI Nijmegen)
Tony McEnery (Lancaster University)
Frans Plank (University of Konstanz)
David Poeppel (University of Maryland)
Eric Reuland (Utrecht University)
Neil Smith (University College London)
Andrew Spencer (University of Essex)
Jacques Terken (Eindhoven Technical University)
Hans Van de Velde (University of Brussels)
Edwin Williams (Princeton University)
Wim Zonneveld (Utrecht University)

REGISTRATION
You will soon be able to enroll via our website, where
you can also find information about tuition fees.

LODGING
On-campus housing is available. See our website for more
information.

GRANTS
Students/faculty who are residents of a developing country
can apply for a grant (=tuition fee waiver) with LOT.
More information will be available from our website soon.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please look at our website:

http://wwwlot.let.uu.nl/zs2001/

               LOT

Landelijke Onderzoekschool Taalwetenschap
Netherlands Graduate School of Linguistics

             Trans 10
             NL -  3512 JK  Utrecht
             email: lot at let.uu.nl
             Phone: +31 30 253 6006