12.355, FYI: SIL-Mexico, Ling Contest, Agglutination/Corpus

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Feb 11 23:40:03 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-355. Sun Feb 11 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.355, FYI: SIL-Mexico, Ling Contest, Agglutination/Corpus

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Editor for this issue: Lydia Grebenyova <lydia at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 08 Feb 2001 23:24:27 -0500
From:  "Albert Bickford"<albert_bickford at sil.org>
Subject:  New Posting on SIL-Mexico Website

2)
Date:  Fri, 09 Feb 2001 16:49:21 +0200
From:  Ivan A Derzhanski <iad at math.bas.bg>
Subject:  Ling Contest for Bulgarian High School Students

3)
Date:  Sat, 10 Feb 2001 02:12:29 -0800 (PST)
From:  petek kurtboke <linguaffix at yahoo.com>
Subject:  Agglutination on the Basis of Corpus Info

Date:  Thu, 08 Feb 2001 23:24:27 -0500
From:  "Albert Bickford"<albert_bickford at sil.org>

I am pleased to announce that the following was recently posted to the
SIL-Mexico website:

The "Mariano Silva y Aceves" Series of Vocabularies and Dictionaries in
Indigenous Languages of Mexico [Feb 2001]:
http://www.sil.org/mexico/pub/vimsa.htm

This consists of an explanation for the name of the series (in honor of an
influential Mexican linguist during the 1930s) and a list of all the titles and
editions in the series, together with ordering information for those titles
that are still in print.

Thank you, all of you who shared your time and efforts to bring this about.

Albert Bickford
Linguistics editor
SIL-Mexico