12.397, Qs: Greek Lang in Libya, Trans/Interpretation Texts

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Feb 15 05:00:11 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-397. Wed Feb 14 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.397, Qs: Greek Lang in Libya, Trans/Interpretation Texts

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:26:38 -0000
From:  "Phoevos Panagiotidis" <epanag at essex.ac.uk>
Subject:  A language of Greek origin in Eastern Libya?

2)
Date:  Sat, 10 Feb 2001 19:45:46 -0800
From:  Eddy Gaytán<edsigua at myexcel.com>
Subject:  Translation-Interpretation Literature

Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:26:38 -0000
From:  "Phoevos Panagiotidis" <epanag at essex.ac.uk>

I recently heard from two Libyans that a language of Greek origin is still
spoken by bilinguals around the town of Susah (ancient Apollonia), on the
Mediterranean coast opposite to Crete. Given that no information whatsoever
about such a language is available on the Ethnologue, I was wondering whether
any colleague has any information on it.

Kind regards

Phoevos Panagiotidis