12.442, Qs: European Wordlists, "Adopt" in Other Cultures

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Feb 17 20:21:50 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-442. Sat Feb 17 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.442, Qs: European Wordlists, "Adopt" in Other Cultures

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Date:  Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:02:29 -0000
From:  "Moon Shadow" <moonxshadow at hotmail.com>
Subject:  A Wordlist Request

2)
Date:  Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:50:41 -0500
From:  Peter Yost <peter at buildinggreen.com>
Subject:  "adopt" in other cultures

Date:  Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:02:29 -0000
From:  "Moon Shadow" <moonxshadow at hotmail.com>

Dear all at the Linguist List!

I am interested in locating nice, comprehensive and linguistically motivated
word lists for a number of European languages including Russian and Polish.

After searching the Linguist List archives I found a number of references to
the sites where wordlists are stored, namely
ftp.gatekeeper.dec.com/.8/misc/stolfi-wordlists and ftp.ox.ac.uk (Linguist
List 6.99). Unfortunately these addresses are not valid any more.

I will highly appreciate any information about where one can find
them,including proprietory word lists which are commercially available. I
need this information for lexicographic research and dictionary compilation.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Natalie.