12.560, Qs: SVCs/Papuan/Austronesian, Internet2 and Ling

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 28 15:52:45 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-560. Wed Feb 28 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.560, Qs: SVCs/Papuan/Austronesian, Internet2 and Ling

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Date:  Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:05:34 +0100
From:  Miriam van Staden <Miriam.vanStaden at mpi.nl>
Subject:  SVCs/Papuan & Austronesian languages

2)
Date:  Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:32:06 -0600
From:  "Geoffrey S. Nathan" <geoffn at siu.edu>
Subject:  Internet2 and Linguistics

Date:  Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:05:34 +0100
From:  Miriam van Staden <Miriam.vanStaden at mpi.nl>

Dear colleagues,

A few months ago we started a project on "Event conceptualization and
event report in serial verb constructions in Austronesian and Papuan
languages" - a  project sponsored by the German Research Society (DFG)
and  partly by the MPI for Psycholinguistics. In the meantime we have
built up a first data base, but for typological research we still need
more, and more specific, information on the topic than we can find in
the literature. Therefore we would like to ask those of you working on
Austronesian and/or Papuan languages for your cooperation (which we will
acknowledge not only in future publications, of course,
but also by offering you access to this data base!). On the web-server
of the Max-Planck-Institute for Psycholinguistics you will find the
following
web-page:

          http://www.mpi.nl/world/serial-verb/quest/1st-quest.html

Please visit this page to find a questionnaire. We kindly ask you to
fill in this questionnaire and submit it. We will process all incoming
reactions and merge them with our already existing data base.
We are very much looking forward to hearing from you and to receiving
your filled-in questionnaires.
Yours sincerely,

                         Miriam van Staden, Gunter Senft

Miriam van Staden