12.36, Qs: Tate Oral English, English as Global Language

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 10 01:50:53 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-36. Tue Jan 9 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.36, Qs: Tate Oral English, English as Global Language

Editors: Karen Milligan, Wayne State U. <karen at linguistlist.org>
         Michael Appleby, E. Michigan U. <michael at linguistlist.org>
         Rob Beltz, E. Michigan U. <rob at linguistlist.org>
         Lydia Grebenyova, E. Michigan U. <lydia at linguistlist.org>
         Marie Klopfenstein, Wayne State U. <marie at linguistlist.org>
         Ljuba Veselinova, Stockholm U. <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 08 Jan 2001 15:28:30 -0600
From:  khorshid <khorshid at aucegypt.edu>
Subject:  Tate Oral English

2)
Date:  Mon, 8 Jan 2001 22:30:14 +0100
From:  "Marilena Di Stasi" <mdistasi at tiscalinet.it>
Subject:  English as global language

Date:  Mon, 08 Jan 2001 15:28:30 -0600
From:  khorshid <khorshid at aucegypt.edu>

Dear list member,

I'm looking for the Tate Oral English Series. I'd be grateful if you have any
information on how I can buy it. It was written by Gloria Tate and George
Pittman, and published by the South Pacific Commision (I think).

Actually, I'm looking for any program for teaching English, German or French
orally to children 3-6 years old. I mean without the alphabet.

Ahmad Khorshid
Arabic Language Instructor
The American University in Cairo