12.82, Jobs: Ling, TESOL, Edu Tech at Da-Yeh U, Taiwan

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 16 16:09:43 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-82. Tue Jan 16 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.82, Jobs: Ling, TESOL, Edu Tech at Da-Yeh U, Taiwan

Reviews: Terence Langendoen: U. of Arizona <terry at linguistlist.org>
	 Simin Karimi: U. of Arizona <simin at linguistlist.org>

Editors: Karen Milligan, Wayne State U. <karen at linguistlist.org>
         Michael Appleby, E. Michigan U. <michael at linguistlist.org>
         Lydia Grebenyova, E. Michigan U. <lydia at linguistlist.org>
         Marie Klopfenstein, Wayne State U. <marie at linguistlist.org>
         Ljuba Veselinova, Stockholm U. <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Michael Appleby <michael at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  15 Jan 2001 02:43:06 -0000
From:  Carol Troy <dyu_english at yahoo.com>
Subject:  Ling, TESOL, Edu Tech: Lecturer/Assoc/Asst Prof at Da-Yeh U, Taiwan

Date:  15 Jan 2001 02:43:06 -0000
From:  Carol Troy <dyu_english at yahoo.com>

Rank of Job: Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Lecturer
Areas Required: Linguistics, TESOL, Education, Educational Technology,
Literature
Other Desired Areas: Business Administration
University or Organization: Da-Yeh University
Department: English Language Department
State or Province: Chang-Hwa County
Country: Taiwan
Final Date of Application: March 15, 2001
Contact: Carol Troy dyu_english at yahoo.com

Address for Applications:
112 Shan-Jiau Rd.
Dah
Chang-Hwa 515
Taiwan

The English Language Department at Da-Yeh University has several
full-time openings at or above the assistant professor level and two
openings at or above the lecturer level beginning Fall 2001.

The assistant professor positions each require a PhD and a strong
publication record in fields related to Linguistics, English teaching
English Literature or Translation.  We particularly welcome any PhD
level applicant with a background related to Translation or
Educational Technology.  The lecturer positions each require a masters
degree in a language related field AND one of the following:

1. At least two years of practical English related experience in an
international trade company in Taiwan

OR

2. A background in language testing.

For all of our faculty openings, an academic background and/or
practical experience in Management or English for Specific Purposes is
a plus.

DYU offers compensation and benefits according to Taiwan's national
laws governing the personnel system at accredited universities.  An
entry level salary for an assistant professor is about NT$73,000/month
(including a $10,000/month bonus for those with PhDs); for a lecturer,
the figure is NT$52,000/month.  Compensation includes paid vacations
(about 1 month in the winter, 2.5 months in the summer and 1 week
during the spring), an annual Chinese New Year bonus equal to 1.5
months of pay, overtime pay for teaching hours in excess of the 10
hour minimum, and health coverage under Taiwan's national health care
system.

For a detailed description of the application process (including a
list of the required application materials) and other employment
related information, see our recruitment web page at
http://www.geocities.com/dyu_english.

Interested applicants should submit complete materials to the Search
Committee by the March 15, 2001.  Direct all email inquiries to BOTH
dyu_english at yahoo.com AND search at mail.dyu.edu.tw.  Correspondences
will be conducted in English.