12.185, Qs: Adaptive IR Systems, Irish Ogham Alphabet

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 25 16:58:26 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-185. Thu Jan 25 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.185, Qs: Adaptive IR Systems, Irish Ogham Alphabet

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Date:  Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:21:33 -0600
From:  Julita Vassileva <jiv at cs.usask.ca>
Subject:  Adaptive IR systems: online systems and papers?

2)
Date:  Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:47:36 +0800
From:  "Sean A. Day" <daysa at cc.ncu.edu.tw>
Subject:  Ogham alphabet

Date:  Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:21:33 -0600
From:  Julita Vassileva <jiv at cs.usask.ca>

Colleagues,

I am teaching a grad. IR course this semester and 1/3 of it will be
devoted to adaptive IR. I have a whole list of papers for the
students to read - but:

- few papers are available online on the Web
- there are almost no real examples of adapive IR that the students
can simply try online

This is discouraging for such a well-grounded and active area -
especially in the prospect of having a whole workshop on the topic at
UM'01

Please, if you are aware about systems/papers that could be accessed
online, send me the URLs. I will summarize the answers to the
maillist after Feb 10.

Regards,

Peter Brusilovsky

Prof.  Peter Brusilovsky