12.240, Jobs: Coordinator of Lit Computing Center at WVU, USA

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 30 16:31:12 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-240. Tue Jan 30 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.240, Jobs: Coordinator of Lit Computing Center at WVU, USA

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Editor for this issue: Michael Appleby <michael at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  29 Jan 2001 19:25:46 -0000
From:  Timothy Dow Adams <TADAMS at WVU.EDU>
Subject:  Coordinator of Center for Literary Computing at West Virginia U, USA

Date:  29 Jan 2001 19:25:46 -0000
From:  Timothy Dow Adams <TADAMS at WVU.EDU>

Rank of Job: beginning or advanced Assistant Professor
Areas Required: Coordinator of our Center for Literary Computing
Other Desired Areas: Linguistics
University or Organization: West Virginia University
Department: Department of English
State or Province: West Virginia
Country: USA
Final Date of Application: March 1, 2001 (Electronic submissions
accepted)
Contact: Timothy Dow Adams TADAMS at WVU.EDU

Address for Applications:
P.O. Box 6296
Department of English
WVU
Morgantown
WV 26506-6296
USA

The West Virginia University Department of English plans to hire a
Coordinator of our Center for Literary Computing to begin August 16,
2001.  Tenure track, beginning or advanced Assistant Professor level.

Evidence of ability to develop the Center as a resource for research
and instruction in new media and humanities computing for both
graduate and undergraduate students required.  Specialization and
scholarly research in one or more of the following areas: new media
studies; technology and diversity studies; technology and pedagogy;
writing in digital media; literary, linguistic, or cultural studies of
new media or technology.  Ph.D. required. Understanding of technical
and administrative issues a plus. Salary commensurate with experience.

The Department offers the M.A. and Ph.D., and will soon offer the
M.F.A.  Evidence of ability to contribute to both the graduate and
undergraduate programs expected.

Award of tenure and promotion to associate professor will be based on
an excellent record of publications supported by demonstrated
excellence in teaching.

West Virginia University and the Department of English have a strong
commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff. We strongly
encourage applications from persons of color, women, and other members
of under-represented groups. AA/EOE.

Send letter of application, three letters of recommendation, and
current c.v. to:

Timothy Dow Adams, Chair.
English Department,
P.O. Box 6296,
West Virginia University,
Morgantown,
WV 26506-6296.

Electronic submissions accepted.  Review of applications will begin
March 1, 2001, and will continue until the position is filled.

For more information, please visit the Department's web site at
http//www.as.wvu.edu/english/