12.1737, Jobs: Lexicographer at Discern Communations CA USA

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 5 14:41:25 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1737. Thu Jul 5 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1737, Jobs: Lexicographer at Discern Communations CA USA

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Editor for this issue: Heather Taylor-Loring <heather at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  2 Jul 2001 01:07:47 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  Lexicographer at Discern Comunication, California USA

Date:  2 Jul 2001 01:07:47 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

	From anonymous at linguistlist.org  Tue Jun 26 20:40:26 2001
	Date: 27 Jun 2001 00:40:26 -0000
	To: linguist at linguistlist.org
	From: Anna Maclachlan <anna at discern.com>
	Subject: Lexicographer: any at Discern Communications, California USA

	Rank of Job: any
	Areas Required: Lexicographer
	Other Desired Areas:
	University or Organization: Discern Communications
	Department:
	State or Province: California
	Country: USA
	Final Date of Application: ASAP
	Contact: Anna Maclachlan anna at discern.com

	Address for Applications:
	333 Ravenswood Avenue
	Menlo Park
	CA 94025
	USA

Discern Communications, an exciting Natural Language technology
spin-off of SRI International in Menlo Park, California, is looking
for motivated, adaptable people who want to revolutionize how people
use the Internet. We wish to attract sharp and talented team members
who have a desire to work on advanced Natural Language-based
applications.

All positions offer a competitive package of salary and equity
incentives. Discern Communications is an equal opportunity employer.

Our lexicographer will play a central role in the development of
Discern's applications. The primary responsibilities will include
maintaining and expanding existing lexicons and designing lexical
tools, working closely with a team of engineers and linguists on all
phases of product development. The ideal candidate will have a love of
both words and computers.

Qualifications:
- MA/PhD in Linguistics or equivalent experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrable computer skills:
  Must have experience with or be readily able to learn
	perl scripting
	working in a unix environment
	processing large collections of data
- Experience with lexicography or intelligent text processing
techniques a plus.

please contact:
Anna Maclachlan
anna at discern.com