12.1869, Qs: Phonetics/L2 Texts, Sociolinguistics/Profanity

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Jul 22 04:22:04 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1869. Sun Jul 22 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1869, Qs: Phonetics/L2 Texts, Sociolinguistics/Profanity

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Date:  Sat, 21 Jul 2001 14:41:50 -0400
From:  HélèneKnoerr <hknoerr at uottawa.ca>
Subject:  Putting together the 10-best titles for a course bibliography

2)
Date:  Sun, 22 Jul 2001 04:35:18 +0800
From:  "Neil Ward" <nward at teacher.com>
Subject:  Sociolinguistics of profanity

Date:  Sat, 21 Jul 2001 14:41:50 -0400
From:  HélèneKnoerr <hknoerr at uottawa.ca>

Dear Linguist,

I will be teaching a course in "Phonetics Applied to Second Language
Teaching", described as an "Introduction to phonetic principles and
their application to teaching and correcting second language
pronunciation".

This is an undergraduate course offered both within a linguistics
program and a teacher training program (to teach French or English as
a Second Language). No previous knowledge of phonetics is necessary.

What would be your personal favorites as a course bibliography, given
the special orientation of this particular course?

I will be happy to compile and post a "Greatest Hits" list.

Please respond to me directly (email address hknoerr at uottawa.ca)

Thank you!

Hélène Knoerr	hknoerr at uottawa.ca	http://aix1.uottawa.ca/~hknoerr/
Rédactrice, Revue canadienne de linguistique appliquée
Editor, Canadian Journal of Applied Linguistics
www.aclacaal.org
Institut des langues secondes/ Second Language Institute
Université d'Ottawa/ University of Ottawa
600 King Edward, OTTAWA, Ontario K1N 6N5