12.1920, Jobs: Lexicographer in Chinese, Barcelona, Spain

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 27 19:58:27 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1920. Fri Jul 27 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1920, Jobs: Lexicographer in Chinese, Barcelona, Spain

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Editor for this issue: Heather Taylor-Loring <heather at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  27 Jul 2001 12:53:33 -0000
From:  Juan Alonso <jobs at sail-labs.es>
Subject:  Lexicographer in Chinese at Sail Labs, Barcelona Spain

Date:  27 Jul 2001 12:53:33 -0000
From:  Juan Alonso <jobs at sail-labs.es>

Rank of Job:
Areas Required: Lexicographer for Chinese
Other Desired Areas:
University or Organization: SAIL LABS
Department: Translation Technology
State or Province: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Final Date of Application: not fixed
Contact: Juan Alonso jobs at sail-labs.es

Address for Applications:
C/ Roger de Llúria, 50, 1er
Barcelon
 08009
Spain

With over 170 linguists and software engineers, Sail Labs is a
worldwide leader in the research and development of language
technologies and translation. Our aim is to innovate in the field of
Natural Language Understanding (speech recognition, machine
translation and content management). We offer our employees the very
latest technologies, international contacts and the opportunity to
work with a highly-skilled, young and dynamic team. For the further
expansion of our company we are recruiting for our Barcelona site:

Chinese lexicographers

The Sail Labs S.A. company, established in Barcelona (Spain), is
looking for candidates to work as Chinese lexicographers (full-time)
in the development of an English-Chinese machine translation
system. Potential candidates should meet the following requirements:

* Mandarin Chinese as native language
* Excellent knowledge of the English language
* B.A. Degree in Linguistics, Translation or other related background
in linguistics
* Experience with PC/Windows as user
* Only applicants with an EC nationality or a Spanish work and
residence permit will be considered

The tasks to be done refer to the adapting and completion of a
computational Chinese lexicon and the creation of a computational
English-Chinese lexicon. Selected candidates will be asked to start as
soon as possible.

If you meet these requirements and are interested in this job, please
send your CV and a cover letter in English to the following e-mail:

jobs at sail-labs.es

Or to:

Sail Labs S.L.
C/ Roger de Llúria, 50, 1er,