12.1467, FYI: New MA in SLAA/U Maryland, Ling Olympics Site

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 1 02:33:58 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1467. Thu May 31 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1467, FYI: New MA in SLAA/U Maryland, Ling Olympics Site

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Date:  Thu, 31 May 2001 10:37:36 -0400
From:  "Kira Gor" <kirao at wam.umd.edu>
Subject:  New MA in SLAA

2)
Date:  Thu, 31 May 2001 14:42:34 -0700
From:  Tom Payne <tpayne at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Subject:  Linguistic Olympics website

Date:  Thu, 31 May 2001 10:37:36 -0400
From:  "Kira Gor" <kirao at wam.umd.edu>

The foreign language departments at the University of Maryland at
College Park are pleased to announce a new interdisciplinary MA degree
in Second Language Acquisition and Application, starting in Fall 2001.

This two-year M.A. program has been designed for researchers, language
teachers, translators and interpreters, government service
professionals, social service employees, and all those interested in the
acquisition and application of languages other than English.

Students apply to a specific language department (French, German,
Russian and Spanish currently; Japanese and Chinese forthcoming) and
take advanced courses in that language as well as interdepartmental
courses in SLA.
For more information, see our website at:  www.umd.edu/slaa