12.1476, Qs: Stress/Hindi & Urdu, Socioling Associations

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Jun 3 19:56:03 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1476. Sun Jun 3 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1476, Qs: Stress/Hindi & Urdu, Socioling Associations

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Date:  Fri, 01 Jun 2001 14:52:00 -0400
From:  "Lars-Sarah Dyrud"<lars-sarah_dyrud at sil.org>
Subject:  Stress in Hindi and Urdu

2)
Date:  Sun, 03 Jun 2001 17:20:22 +0200
From:  seanb at iafrica.com
Subject:  Sociolinguistics institutes

Date:  Fri, 01 Jun 2001 14:52:00 -0400
From:  "Lars-Sarah Dyrud"<lars-sarah_dyrud at sil.org>

Linguists,

I'm interested in prosodic features like stress, accent, and
intonation in both Hindi and Urdu.  I'm particularly
interested in the correlates of stress for Hindi-Urdu.  I'm
familiar with recent work by Manjari Ohala, Bruce Hayes,
Pramod Kumar Pandey, Rami Nair, Sarmad Hussain (Urdu),
Rebecca Damron (Urdu), and James Harnsberger (Hindi
intonation). Does anyone know of any other recent sources
that might be helpful?  Or, if anyone else is currently
doing work relating to these topics in Hindi-Urdu, I'd love
to hear about it.

Thanks,

Lars Dyrud

Graduate Student in Linguistics