12.1519, Jobs: English Conversation Teacher in Jilin, China

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 8 14:22:07 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1519. Fri Jun 8 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1519, Jobs: English Conversation Teacher in Jilin, China

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Editor for this issue: Heather Taylor-Loring <heather at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  6 Jun 2001 07:39:44 -0000
From:  Paul Sayers <ChinaWeb at mailandnews.com>
Subject:  Teacher of Informal Conversational English, English language history: at KePu Foreign Language School, Jilin China

Date:  6 Jun 2001 07:39:44 -0000
From:  Paul Sayers <ChinaWeb at mailandnews.com>

Rank of Job: not required
Areas Required: Informal Conversational English
Other Desired Areas: Semi-Formal Business English
University or Organization: KePu Foreign Language School
Department: English
State or Province: Jilin
Country: China
Final Date of Application: August 2003
Contact: Paul Sayers ChinaWeb at mailandnews.com

Address for Applications:
Changchun Library, Tongzhi Jie
Changchun
Jilin 130022
China

We are looking for a teacher of English as a second language.  Your
position will involve mostly assisting adult Chinese students with
conversational English, with some text book work and possibly some
work also with children. Linguists are encouraged to apply.

Accommodation is part of the package, travel also.  Please visit
http://employment.trading.net also for other current vacancies in this
area.  There is always work to be found here, if you send an e-mail to
ChinaWeb at mailandnews.com (subject = Teaching position) we are bound to
find a position for you quickly.

You can use http://employment.trading.net to send your CV
and register for many other jobs as they become available.

The cost of living is cheaper here than in other main centres of
China, and you will find that the salary offered will afford you a
comfortable lifestyle.  For example: Beer costs 25 cents US per
bottle, a decent meal can be had for as little as 50 cents US.

There is roughly 8 RMB to the US Dollar.

We welcome you to Changchun in the North East of China.  There's lots
to see and do here, it is a great place to linger for a year or two
while you brush up on your standard Chinese.

Changchun is the "City of Culture," it boasts a film studio (that
often hires foreigners), the Last Emperor's Palace and other artifacts
of the Japanese occupation, a German car factory, Russian bulidings,
and everywhere Korean restaurants.

Every night of the year almost without exception there is traditional
costume dancing in most parks and street corners, not just for
tourists, but for real.

This is a real place, ruggedly natural, a taste of the real China, a
very large wilderness park nearby and several other quiet places not
too far from Beijing and yet pleasantly remote from the the bustle of
100,000 other foreigners.

There are several hundred friendly foreigners in Changchun. We have a
well patronised bar run by a French man near to MacDonald's and KFC.

Please send an e-mail now to ChinaWeb at mailandnews.com (subject =
Teaching position) and or click on http://employment.trading.net and
use the registration form to enter your CV for this and many other
vacancies in this fascinating area of China.

We look forward to seeing you here soon!