12.1538, Qs: Linguists in Movies, Slovenian Grammaticality

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 12 18:08:33 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1538. Tue Jun 12 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1538, Qs: Linguists in Movies, Slovenian Grammaticality

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Date:  Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:21:11 -0400
From:  "Charmaine McCoy" <trinichar at hotmail.com>
Subject:  Linguists On Film

2)
Date:  Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:40:24
From:  "oxana borzdyko" <oborzdyk at hotmail.com>
Subject:  Question about Slovenian language

Date:  Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:21:11 -0400
From:  "Charmaine McCoy" <trinichar at hotmail.com>

With "Lost in Atlantis" opening this weekend with an animated Linguist
as the chief protagonist and the Egyptologist in "Star-Gate" usually
described as one, I started to wonder whether anybody could suggest
the field-work adventures of real linguists (actual or composite) that
would make a commercially viable film--even if it would probably NOT
be a blockbuster?