12.1591, Qs: Link Between /a/ and /r/, Essays for ESL

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 18 01:24:55 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1591. Sun Jun 17 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1591, Qs: Link Between /a/ and /r/, Essays for ESL

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Date:  Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:41:58 -0400
From:  darlene lacharite <darlene.lacharite at lli.ulaval.ca>
Subject:  Phonological link betweeen /a/ and /r/

2)
Date:  Thu, 14 Jun 2001 00:10:12 EDT
From:  CallMeSal at aol.com
Subject:  Essays for ESL

Date:  Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:41:58 -0400
From:  darlene lacharite <darlene.lacharite at lli.ulaval.ca>

Dear Linguists,

We are working on loanword adaptation and have come across phenomena
in a few languages that suggest an interaction between /a/ and
/r/. Can anyone tell us of language internal phenomena that suggest a
phonological link between these two sounds?

Many thanks in advance,

Darlene LaCharité