12.1610, All: The LINGUIST Advisory Board

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 19 13:26:47 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1610. Tue Jun 19 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1610, All: The LINGUIST Advisory Board

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Date:  19 Jun 2001 13:21:43 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  LINGUIST Advisory Board

Date:  19 Jun 2001 13:21:43 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

Dear LINGUIST Subscribers,

We would like to thank everyone who answered our call and volunteered
to serve on the LINGUIST Advisory Panel. Many of you generously
offered your time and expertise--so many that it took us this long to
come to a decision. As you might imagine, it is difficult to choose
when presented with so many excellent candidates. We wanted a board
whose membership reflected diversity of both location and linguistic
specialty, as well as familiarity with LINGUIST.

The following twenty-eight people will comprise the first LINGUIST
Advisory Board:

Arendse Bernth, Chairman
Hans Christian Boas
Larry D. Chong
Bethany Dumas
Stan Dubinsky
Paul D. Fallon
Clare Gallaway
Elly Van Gelderen
Kurt Godden
Pius Ten Hacken
S J Hannahs
Dick Hudson
John Lawler
Elizabeth D. Liddy
Ahmad R. Lotfi
Monica Macaulay
Brian MacWhinney
Joyce Milambiling
Mullen John
Paul Peranteau
Joseph Salmons
Farzad Sharifian
Chilin Shih
Richard Sproat
Karl V. Teeter
Andrew Winnard
Margaret E. Winters
Arnold Zwicky

We know that among these names are some that all of you recognize, as
well as some relatively unfamiliar ones; it was our goal to have a
cross-section of the linguistic community. We are confident you will
agree that we have assembled some of the best in the field. We look
forward to working with them in our efforts to better serve the
linguistics community.

We thank you all--for your generosity, your patience, and your
continued support of LINGUIST.

Best regards,

LINGUIST