12.1624, Qs: Word Frequency Corpus, Spanish Transcription

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jun 20 01:39:53 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1624. Tue Jun 19 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1624, Qs: Word Frequency Corpus, Spanish Transcription

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:29:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Matt Jensen <mattj at newsblip.com>
Subject:  Seeking Good Corpus for Word Sequence Frequency

2)
Date:  Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:25:50 +0100
From:  "Michael Tjalve" <michaelt at atavox.com>
Subject:  Seeking a Transcription List/Dictionary for Spanish

Date:  Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:29:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Matt Jensen <mattj at newsblip.com>

I'm looking for advice on finding a good English-language corpus for
studying the frequency of one word following another.

For example, if I see "frozen", what is the probability that the next word
will be "chicken", versus "tundra", etc.?

I realize many corpuses could be used like this, but are some better
suited, given that this is my only interest (in this project)?  Also, if
the corpus also specifies beginnings and endings of sentences, that would
also be very useful.

Thanks in advance for any help,

-Matt Jensen
 NewsBlip.com