12.662, Qs: Standard Character Set, Topic/Focus:Swed/German

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 11 17:21:06 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-662. Sun Mar 11 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.662, Qs: Standard Character Set, Topic/Focus:Swed/German

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU

Date:  Fri, 09 Mar 2001 15:00:44 -0500
From:  "Gann Ketty" <gann_ketty at bah.com>
Subject:  Standard character set for india languages and others

2)
Date:  Sat, 10 Mar 2001 14:37:22 +0100 (MET)
From:  Sébastien Druon<druon at free.fr>
Subject:  Topic and Focus expression in Swedish and German

Date:  Fri, 09 Mar 2001 15:00:44 -0500
From:  "Gann Ketty" <gann_ketty at bah.com>

Dear netter,

I'm working on mapping tables (character set to UNICODE) for several
foreign languages. I'd like to know the national standard character set
(other than UNICODE) for the following languages. For instance, standard
character sets for Chinese are BIG5 & GB2312. If there is no standard
character set for a specific language, I need to know the most popular
character set being used and where I'm able to acquire the electronic
data (prefer web site):
(1) Azerbaijan
(2) Bengali
(3) Kannada
(4) Lao
(5) Punjabi
(6) Tamil
(7) Urdu

Please reply me directly. Thank you in advance!

Ketty Gann
Language Technology Manager
Booz.Allen & Hamilton Inc.
gann_ketty at bah.com