12.1324, All: Two Developments at LINGUIST

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue May 15 16:02:10 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1324. Tue May 15 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1324, All: Two Developments at LINGUIST

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
		Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU

Date:  15 May 2001 03:15:32 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  LINGUIST Advisory Board and LINGUIST List Plus

Date:  15 May 2001 03:15:32 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

Dear LINGUIST Subscribers,

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for making
the LINGUIST Fund Drive a resounding success, and also to inform you of
the following exciting developments and opportunities at LINGUIST.

	#1. LINGUIST Advisory Board

	    We would like to establish an Advisory Board, which
	    we could call on to provide us with feedback, advice, fresh
	    ideas, and opinions on various policy and operational matters.
	    Among them would be the LINGUIST Fund Drive--actually, it was
	    the ideas offered by one of our supporters during the
	    fund drive that drove home the value of subscriber feedback,
	    and inspired us to form an Advisory Board! Other matters
	    could involve policy decisions regarding postings,the LINGUIST
	    web site, and our new service, LINGUIST List Plus (see #2).

	    We would like to set up a 25 member panel, from among
	    those of you who would be willing to volunteer to serve for
	    a year. In return, we are pleased to be able to offer a free
	    one-year subscription to LINGUIST List Plus (see #2). We invite
	    anyone who is interested in serving on the LINGUIST Advisory
	    Board to send a message to karen at linguistlist.org by June 1st.
	    The panel will be announced on June 8th.

	#2. LINGUIST List Plus (LL+)

	    LINGUIST List is pleased to be able to offer you exclusive
	    access to LINGUIST List Plus, a special collaboration between
	    Blackwell Publishing and LINGUIST List. With your subscription
	    to LL+, you can expand your research capabilities, keep abreast
	    of emerging trends in the field, take advantage of substantial
	    discounts on books and journals, and help support LINGUIST and
	    the linguistics community in the process! Blackwell has generously
	    agreed to donate 20% of each subscription to LINGUIST List.

	    How do you get started?
	    Go to: http://wip.blackwellpublishers.co.uk/llplus
	    and register to receive notice that the LL+ subscription
	    site has been activated in early July. When it is, your
	    subscription, at the Early Bird price of $35.00 ($50 after
	    December 31st, 2001), will immediately enable you to take
	    advantage of the following privileges and benefits:

	    *Individual access to Linguistics Abstracts Online--the
	    searchable database of over 20,000 article abstracts,
	    working papers, and conference proceedings.

	    *Glot International--acessible now from the LINGUIST home
            page. GLOT Internationl keeps you informed of emerging
	    trends in the field.

	    *The Linguist's Bookstore at Blackwell Publishing--offering
	    a 30% discount on all Blackwell books and a 20% discount on
	    Blackwell linguistics journals.

We at LINGUIST hope you will agree that both LINGUIST LIST Plus and
the LINGUIST Advisory Board are worthwhile undertakings that will
benefit the entire linguistics community. As always, we welcome your
comments and thank you for your continued support.

Best regards,

LINGUIST