12.1382, Qs: Anglicisms, Parallel Chinese/Eng Corpus

The LINGUIST Network linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun May 20 03:45:31 UTC 2001

LINGUIST List:  Vol-12-1382. Sat May 19 2001. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 12.1382, Qs: Anglicisms, Parallel Chinese/Eng Corpus

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	James Yuells, WSU		Michael Appleby, EMU
	Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU	Dina Kapetangianni, EMU

Date:  Sat, 19 May 2001 12:05:59 +1000
From:  Mark Arness <Mark.Arness at arts.monash.edu.au>
Subject:  Ideological encumberedness of anglicisms

2)
Date:  Sat, 19 May 2001 15:17:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Fu-Dong Chiou <chioufd at unagi.cis.upenn.edu>
Subject:  On-line parallel Chinese/English corpus.

Date:  Sat, 19 May 2001 12:05:59 +1000
From:  Mark Arness <Mark.Arness at arts.monash.edu.au>

I am currently carrying out PhD research on the validity of the notion
of 'ideological encumberedness' of lexical transfers from English into
French and German (which may be seen as representing an adverse
ideology). I would be grateful for any information related to this
subject.

Mark Arness

*****
Mark Arness
Dept of German Studies
School of European Languages and Cultures
Monash University 3800
Ph. (+61 3) 9905 2238
Fax (+61 3) 9905 5251
Email Mark.Arness at arts.monash.edu.au