13.916, FYI: Virtual Ling, South Asian Langs, Plural of Euro

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 2 19:17:44 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-916. Tue Apr 2 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.916, FYI: Virtual Ling, South Asian Langs, Plural of Euro

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Editor for this issue: Marie Klopfenstein <marie at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:23:45 +0200
From:  "Handke" <handke at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE>
Subject:  The Virtual Linguistics Campus

2)
Date:  Tue, 02 Apr 2002 13:41:02 +0100
From:  John Peterson <jpeterso at uni-osnabrueck.de>
Subject:  Internet Bibliography on South Asian Languages

3)
Date:  Sun, 31 Mar 2002 19:08:14 +0100
From:  Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com>
Subject:  The plural of euro is euros

Date:  Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:23:45 +0200
From:  "Handke" <handke at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE>

Now Online - Your Virtual Linguistics Campus

After more than a year of intensive developement (implementation,
evaluation, and testing), and an average of 80.000 visits per month, we
now officially launch the Virtual Linguistics Campus
(http://www.linguistics-online.de)

The Virtual Linguistics Campus is a non-commercial joint project of the
German universities of Essen, Marburg, and Wuppertal financed by the
German Government. The development and implementation has been carried
out by the Linguistic Engineering Team of Marburg University. Even
though we are still working (and will be), the linguistic material
available at this point in time may be of great help for students,
staff, and researchers in linguistics.

The Virtual Linguistics Campus offers courses in linguistics and many
more. It realizes most options of a real campus: a lecture hall, a
laboratory, a library, and special sections for students and staff. All
administrative facilities necessary for studying linguistics have also
been included: a registration office, an information desk, and means of
communication, such as chat rooms, message boards, and many more. The
techniques of presenting the linguistic material on the Virtual
Linguistics Campus are beyond the scope of conventional methods of
presentation.

Have a look around, visit the ,buildings' of the campus, and feel free
to contact us: info at linguistics-online.de

Juergen Handke, Project Conductor

Prof. Dr. Juergen Handke
Uni Marburg