13.993, Qs: Hiatus Information, Cayuga Lang References

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Apr 10 17:42:36 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-993. Wed Apr 10 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.993, Qs: Hiatus Information, Cayuga Lang References

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Editor for this issue: Renee Galvis <renee at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 09 Apr 2002 12:20:20 -0500
From:  "Leo A. Connolly" <connolly at memphis.edu>
Subject:  Information on hiatus

2)
Date:  Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:42:55 -0400
From:  "Jeff Rancier" <jeff.rancier at softechnics.com>
Subject:  Cayuga language references

Date:  Tue, 09 Apr 2002 12:20:20 -0500
From:  "Leo A. Connolly" <connolly at memphis.edu>

I am preparing a study of the development and elimination of
word-internal hiatus in the Germanic languages.  I would be grateful
for references to earlier studies of hiatus in other languages,
including non-IE ones.  I am particularly ionterested in references on

a. the development of hiatus when a consonant is lost;
b. the elimination of hiatus (consonant or glide insertion; contraction);
c. changes favoring retention of hiatus;
d. constraints on possible hiatus in a given language (family).

Kindly reply to me directly at <connolly at memphis.edu>.

Thanks
Leo A. Connolly