13.1030, Qs: Korean Lexicology, Vowels/Old Japanese

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Apr 15 15:17:50 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-1030. Mon Apr 15 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.1030, Qs: Korean Lexicology, Vowels/Old Japanese

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Date:  Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:22:50 -0400
From:  Christine Tellier <christine.tellier at umontreal.ca>
Subject:  Corean lexicology

2)
Date:  Sat, 13 Apr 2002 14:04:26 +0000
From:  Les Zsoldos <lgz at sfu.ca>
Subject:  Old Japanese

Date:  Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:22:50 -0400
From:  Christine Tellier <christine.tellier at umontreal.ca>

Dear colleagues,

        I am looking for any information concerning corean lexicology
- including, of course, morphology. The prime interest concerns the
loanwords from American English. One of my PhD Corean students (South)
argues that there is no paper, text of any kind nor book on the
subject - from any point of view : linguistic, sociolinguistic,
terminologic . But he admits not to have read even the introductions
to the 20 dictionaries published within his domain (Stock
Exchange/Market terminology).

        Can anyone help, bringing useful references on south and/or
South/North Corean?
        Many thanks in advance for your help.

Louise Dagenais
Departement de linguistique et de traduction
Universite de Montreal
C. P. 6128, succ. Centre-ville
Montreal (Quebec)
H3T 1J1