13.1085, Jobs: German Translation & Socioling: Aston U, UK

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 19 19:13:57 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-1085. Fri Apr 19 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.1085, Jobs: German Translation & Socioling: Aston U, UK

Consulting Editor:

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Editor for this issue: Heather Taylor-Loring <heather at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  19 Apr 2002 10:05:14 -0000
From:  Prof Anne Stevens <a.f.stevens at aston.ac.uk>
Subject:  German Translation & Socioling: Lecturer, Aston U, Birmingham, Britain

Date:  19 Apr 2002 10:05:14 -0000
From:  Prof Anne Stevens <a.f.stevens at aston.ac.uk>

Rank of Job: Lecturer A/B
Areas Required: German Translation; German Sociolinguistics
Other Desired Areas: German media
University or Organization: Aston University, Birmingham
Department: German
State or Province: West Midlands
Country: Britain
Final Date of Application: 15.05.2002
Contact: Prof Anne Stevens a.f.stevens at aston.ac.uk

Address for Applications:
Aston Triangle
Birmingham
West Midlands B4 7ET
Britain

Lecturers in the School of the Languages and European Studies

The School of Languages and European Studies at Aston University,
rated 5 in the RAE, is seeking the following lecturers to contribute
strongly to our outstanding programmes of research and teaching

Lecturer in Translation Studies

A lecturer in Translation Studies for our research and teaching
(undergraduate and postgraduate) programmes in Translation Studies and
German, and also, desirably, in French.  We are looking for a native
speaker of English, and should particularly value an interest in the
German/European press and broadcasting media and the discourse of
these media.

The appointment will be made at the Lecturer A or B level.

Informal enquiries may be addressed to Dr Christina Schäffner (email
C.Schaeffner at aston.ac.uk: telephone +44 121 359 3611 extension 4224)
or Professor Anne Stevens (email A.F.Stevens at aston.ac.uk: telephone
+44 121 359 3611 extension 5464)

Fixed-term part-time Lecturer A in German and Linguistics

Following the award of Leverhulme Research Fellowship one of our
members of staff we are seeking a part-time lecturer in German with a
special interest in German sociolinguistics.  The post will be a
four-fifths appointment at Lecturer A level for a period of 42 weeks
from mid-September 2002.

Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Reershemius (e-mail
G.K.Reershemius at aston.ac.uk: telephone +44 121 359 3611 extension
4225) or to Professor Stevens.