13.1141, Jobs: Computational Ling: Lecturer, Leeds U, UK

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Apr 24 16:15:33 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-1141. Wed Apr 24 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.1141, Jobs: Computational Ling: Lecturer, Leeds U, UK

Consulting Editor:

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Editor for this issue: Heather Taylor-Loring <heather at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:15:57 -0400
From:  Eric Atwell <eric at COMP.LEEDS.AC.UK>
Subject:  Comp Ling: Lecturer/SL/Reader Computing & Informatics, Leeds U, UK

Date:  Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:15:57 -0400
From:  Eric Atwell <eric at COMP.LEEDS.AC.UK>

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Computing and Informatics
School of Computing, University of Leeds, Yorkshire, England

Closing date: 30 April 2002.

This permanent post is available in our expanding School, rated 5 in
the RAE 2001, with the possibility of appointment at Senior
Lecturer/Reader level. You will be required to undertake leading-edge
research and teaching of the highest standard within our broadly based
degree programmes and should strengthen one of our existing research
groups: Computer Vision and Language, Knowledge Representation and
Reasoning, Multi-disciplinary Informatics, Scientific Computation and
Visualization, Theoretical Computer Science. Prior experience in
teaching, preferably in higher education, would be an advantage.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in a
relevant discipline. Preference may be given to candidates who can
strengthen our teaching across our four B.Sc., two existing
M.Sc. degree programmes and a new multidisciplinary M.Sc. in
Informatics.

The School and the University have made a strategic commitment to
developing multidisciplinary research activity; over GBP2M to date has
been invested in the formation of a well-equipped and newly
refurbished Informatics Research Institute; applicants who can
contribute to its development are especially welcome.

Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Tony Cohn, Head of School
(tel: +44-113-343-5482; fax: +44-113-343-5468; e-mail:
recruit at comp.leeds.ac.uk).  See http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk for
further information about the School and this position.

Salary: Lecturer A/B (GBP20,267 -32,215 p.a under review).  For
exceptionally well qualified candidates appointment at Senior Lecturer
or Reader level is possible (GBP33,820 - 41,319 p.a, under review).
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES MAY ALSO APPLY FOR A CHAIR OF COMPUTING, see
http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/school/vacancies.html

Further details are available from
http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/vacancies/agc_sl_further_parts.html or
contact Human Resources tel: 0113 343 5771 (textphone for deaf
applicants only: 0113 343 4353), e-mail: recruitment at adm.leeds.ac.uk

Job ref: 048-181-002-009, Closing date: 30 April 2002.

-
Eric Atwell, Distributed Multimedia Systems MSc Tutor &
SOCRATES Tutor
School of Computing, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT
TEL: 0113-2335430  MOBILE: 0775-1039104 FAX: 0113-2335468
WWW: http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric
EMAIL: eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk