13.2144, All: The New Programs Area at LINGUIST List

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Aug 22 14:37:17 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-2144. Thu Aug 22 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.2144, All: The New Programs Area at LINGUIST List

Consulting Editor:

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU		Anita Wang, EMU

          Zhenwei Chen, E. Michigan U. <zhenwei at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Heather Taylor <heather at linguistlist.org>

Date:  22 Aug 2002 14:31:14 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  The New Programs Area at LINGUIST List

Date:  22 Aug 2002 14:31:14 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

Dear Valued Subscribers,

We are happy to notify you of a new addition to our re-vamped website
that we feel will be a valuable resource to the linguistics community:
the Programs Area, formerly the Programs Directory.  You can check it
out at:

http://saussure.linguistlist.org/cfdocs/new-website/LL-WorkingDirs/teach/programs/index.cfm

At this page you can search for programs, browse our listings, and
update program information. Once program information is added, the
data is then searchable by all our users, thus providing an excellent
platform to disseminate what linguistic-related programs worldwide can
offer students and researchers, a service that we hope will be
extremely useful to linguists everywhere.

We have added categorization by linguistics field and
language/language family, a feature you may have noticed throughout
the rest of our site, to our programs area as well.  Now prospective
students can search for programs specializing in syntax or Navajo, for
example, as the programs in our are updated and classified.  Because
of our new database capabilities, we also support searches by region,
keyword, and institution in addition.

We have also improved our programs directory to make it even easier to
use.  It is now easy to update information on your program by using
reminders questions: by using a question anyone working within a
department can answer, such as "In what building are we located?", it
will be easy to keep information up-to-date without having to remember
multiple passwords.

We hope that you will enjoy using the programs area while you explore
the many exciting innovations that we have implemented.

Sincerely,

The LINGUIST List