13.1842, Qs: Lang & Power Materials, Text Encoding Problems

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 3 13:43:47 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-1842. Wed Jul 3 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.1842, Qs: Lang & Power Materials, Text Encoding Problems

Consulting Editor:

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU		Anita Wang, EMU

          Zhenwei Chen, E. Michigan U. <zhenwei at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 01 Jul 2002 13:14:43 +0000
From:  cynthia mccollie-lewis <cmclewis at warwick.net>
Subject:  language and power course materials

2)
Date:  Tue, 02 Jul 2002 16:01:46 +0000
From:  Deborah Anderson <dwanders at socrates.berkeley.edu>
Subject:  Problems in multilingual online text projects

Date:  Mon, 01 Jul 2002 13:14:43 +0000
From:  cynthia mccollie-lewis <cmclewis at warwick.net>

I am developing an undergraduate honors course,'language and power.'
I am in need of suggestions for required and suggested texts, and
would appreciate seeing course outlines that anyone has.  Also,
information on films/movies that I might use in the course would be
helpful. The students taking the class will not be linguistics majors;
they will be from the general college population.  I will compile the
information received and post it for others who may be interested.

Cynthia McCollie-Lewis
English Department
New Jersey City University

Subject-Language: English; Code: ENG