13.2009, Jobs: Computational Ling: Software Engineer, NY USA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 30 23:29:56 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-2009. Tue Jul 30 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.2009, Jobs: Computational Ling: Software Engineer, NY USA

Consulting Editor:

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU		Anita Wang, EMU

          Zhenwei Chen, E. Michigan U. <zhenwei at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Heather Taylor <heather at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 30 Jul 2002 19:22:49 +0000
From:  lissa.carroll at veridian.com
Subject:  Jobs: Computational Ling: Software Engineer at Veridian, NY, USA

Date:  Tue, 30 Jul 2002 19:22:49 +0000
From:  lissa.carroll at veridian.com

University or Organization: Veridian
Rank of Job: Level III
Specialty Areas Required: Computational Linguistics, Software Engineer

Computational Linguist

Software Engineer

Veridian, a full-spectrum information solutions provider, involved in
engineering systems for the Federal and Commercial markets has several
opportunities for IT professionals. The Information-Technology
Knowledge Management (ITKM) group is seeking individuals with the
capability to help develop, test, and install text exploitation
systems. We are currently seeking creative individuals to assist in
software development and customization in the areas of computational
linguistics, natural language processing, information extraction, and
data mining. The ideal candidates would possess a BS in Computer
Science/Engineering, working knowledge of C/C++, computational
linguistics, and experience with applications that require natural
language processing capabilities.  Applicants selected must possess US
Citizenship, will be subject to a government security investigation
and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
information. We encourage you to join a diverse team of engineering
and software professionals involved in high-tech defense
contracting. Qualified respondents may apply on line at:
http://www.veridian.com/Careers/Careers.asp and search for requisition
number 1668 (EOE/AA/ISO 9001).

Address for Applications:

	Attn: HR Manager Lissa Carroll
	Information-Technology Knowledge Management
	Veridian
	4455 Genesee Street
	Buffalo, NY 14225
	United States
	Applications are due by September 30, 2002

Contact Information:
	HR Manager Lissa Carroll.
	Email: lissa.carroll at veridian.com
	Tel: 716-631-6731
	Fax: 716-631-6944
	Website: http://www.veridian.com/Careers/Careers.asp (search for
		 requisition number 1668)

This employer is a LINGUIST List supporter!