13.1619, FYI: Ling Corpora, Old Texts, Forensic Linguistics

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 7 16:42:44 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-1619. Fri Jun 7 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.1619, FYI: Ling Corpora, Old Texts, Forensic Linguistics

Consulting Editor:

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Date:  Wed, 05 Jun 2002 09:45:18 +0000
From:  Martin Wynne <martin.wynne at ota.ahds.ac.uk>
Subject:  Seminar - Developing Linguistic Corpora

2)
Date:  Thu, 06 Jun 2002 13:59:55 -0400
From:  randy harris <raha at watarts.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject:  Wanted. A home for old texts.

3)
Date:  Fri, 07 Jun 2002 05:47:47 +0000
From:  Dr Janet Cotterill <jcotterill at yahoo.com>
Subject:  Summer School in Forensic Linguistics

Date:  Wed, 05 Jun 2002 09:45:18 +0000
From:  Martin Wynne <martin.wynne at ota.ahds.ac.uk>

The Oxford Text Archive invites you to come to

DEVELOPING LINGUISTIC CORPORA

What:	a one-day seminar
Where: Oxford University Computing Services, 13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN
When: Friday 19th July 2002 09:30-17:00
How: Register online at http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/ltg/courses/summer/

The seminar will be led by the distinguished Professor JOHN SINCLAIR
of the Tuscan Word Centre, with the participation of:

Ylva Berglund (Oxford Text Archive)
Lou Burnard (OUCS)
Pernilla Danielsson (Birmingham University)
Martin Wynne (Oxford Text Archive)

The day will consist of talks, practical work and discussion. There
will be opportunities for participants to learn about and discuss not
only theoretical principles underlying corpus design, but also
practical issues in their construction and development.

Fees: standard £65, students £35

This seminar is part of the Oxford University Computing Services
Summer Seminars. Further information about the seminars and online
registration can be carried out at
http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/ltg/courses/summer/.

For further information please email martin.wynne at ota.ahds.ac.uk.